Jack Cunnie of Culdalee
Jack Cunnie known as Jackunogue ("son of Jackogue") married Mary Cunny also of
Culdalee, in 1885
They had 5 sons and 7 Daughters. Two died young. Most of the
others went to America.
- John Cunnie born 1886 moved to Boston and married Nellie Cronin from
Ireland in 1916. She died just two years later at the age of 34. He later married Mary
Folliard also from Ireland in 1921. She died in 1938.there were no
children from either of the marriages. John died on the 13th May 1967.
- Katie born 1887 also emigrated to USA and became McCormack
- Martin died young
- Mary died young.
- Beatrice born 5th January 1890 became Silva emigrated to USA and died in
- Margaret born early 1890's emigrated to USA and became Keville
- Michael born 1893 emigrated to USA and changed his name to Quinn
- Mary born mid 1890's emigrated to USA and became Neafsey
- Anne born 1898 emigrated to USA and became Haggarty. Her daughter Anne
Haggarty Tatler produced a book called the Cunnies of Culdalee in
1978. Much of the information in this website has been gleaned from that
book and I would like to thank Anne for making my work so much easier.
- Mark born 1900 remained in Ireland and married Nora Mcginty
in 1937. He died in 1975
- Martin born 1904 emigrated to USA and changed his name to Quinn. He died
following an accident at work in 1930 aged just 26 years.
- Ellen born 1907 emigrated to USA and became McGowan
Click here to return to home page