||Mark Cunny of Culdalee
Mark Cunny also lived in Culdalee, in the Ballycastle area. He married Honour
(Nora) O'Hara. Mark may have been first or second cousin to Jackogue Cunnie of
Mark and Nora had nine children, six boys and three girls. They are not
listed here in birth order.
- Mary born 1866 was known as Mamie. She married Jack Cunnie also of
Culdalee, on 16th February 1885. they had 10 surviving children. Mamie died on
the 30th December 1948.
- Mark born 1883 emigrated to USA and changed his name to Quinn. He
died in 1942.
- Jack married Attracta Murtagh. They lived in Banada,
near Tobercurry and had a son Mark born in
1914 and two daughters Mary Kate (born 28th Feb, 1915,) who married Charles Lavin from
Leitrim and Annie Attracta (born 17th Sept 1917)
- Delia emigrated to USA.
- Annie emigrated to USA.
- Patrick born 1872 first moved to Burnley, Lancashire and changed the surname to Quinn.
He married Ellen Bradley on 15th November 1902. They had seven children there.
In 1910 Patrick emigrated to USA and his wife followed sometime later with the
four surviving children. Another four children were born in USA. Patrick died
on the 10th May 1947.
- Thomas emigrated to England and changed his name to Quinn.
- Jim remained in Culdalee. He married Bridget (Biddy) and and had three children,
Thomas, Mary and Mark.
- Michael remained in Culdalee and married Mary Anne Durkin. They had three
daughters, Mary, Anne and Bridget and a son Mark. Mark married Margaret and had
three daughters Celia, Margaret and Bernadette and two sons Christopher and
Oliver who now live in Foxford.
Click here to return to home page